Ages 3 and 4
All children are eligible for 15 hours a week of free nursery education starting from the term after their third birthday. This is part of the Government’s ‘Universal entitlement’ through the early education funding scheme.
At Tolworth School, we offer places for three year olds from the September after they turn three. Full admission information on when and how to apply can be found at www.kingston.gov.uk under ‘Education, Schools and Nurseries.
From September 2019 we will be offering places to families eligible for the extended entitlement which totals 30 hours per week (term time only) This extended entitlement is for working families in which neither parent earns more than £100,000 a year. For more information and to check your eligibility please visit www.childcarechoices.gov.uk
Click here to download our Nursery Application Form ( 3-4 year olds). This form needs to be returned directly to the School Office
We offer 8 places for eligible two year olds from the term after they turn 2 (4 morning places and 4 afternoon places)
In order to be eligible you must receive one of the following:
- income support
- income-based Job Seekers Allowance
- income-related Employment and Support Allowance
- the guarantee element of Pension Credit
- support under part 6 of the Immigration and Asylum Act 1999
- Child Tax Credit (but not Working Tax Credit) and have an annual income of less than £16,190
- Working Tax Credit and earning less than £16,190
Also eligible are children:
- who are looked after by the local authority (subject to care orders or in foster care) and children that have left care through special guardianship, an adoption or residence order are also eligible.
- have a current statement of Special Educational Needs (SEN) or an Education, Health and Care Plan
- who receive Disability Living Allowance
To check your eligibility please visit www.afcinfo.org.uk and go to the community information page. If you would like to apply for a two year old place at Tolworth School, please visit our office and fill out a note of interest. Places will be offered in the June before they start.